After registering at an online casino, one of the first things that you want to figure out is which online casino payment options you can use to fund your account. If you are new to this field, you will probably want to know which of the options are the safest and the best. Our mission is to tell you more about the ways of getting your account funded. We will help you make an informed decision so that the time you spend playing casino games is beneficial. We want to make sure your financial information is safe. In this post, we will discuss important issues such as security and privacy of your financial data, as well as various options of making an online casino deposit.
Online Casino Withdraw Methods
It is important to go for one of the casinos we feature on our website. Not only do they have plenty of fun games, but they also offer a great deal of online casino payment options to suit everyone’s taste and needs.
In the first place, you may not be aware that MasterCard and Visa are not simply cards. In fact, they are networks which serve to process payments, either debit transactions, then verify them by means of the card issuer. Depending on the funds available in the card, they either decline or accept these transactions. Now, you are probably wondering how these networks actually manage to make money. As you know, when you make a payment, no matter which method you use, usually you are charged a small fee. This is how it works.
When you use your debit card, regardless of which brand you use, it gets to the department of your card and checks if you have enough money to complete the transaction.
Making a Deposit at an Online Casino Using Your Debit Card
One of the most popular ways of online casino payment options in the UK is using a debit card for transactions. In 2012, the colossal £337 billion were spent on over 7.7 billion purchases. One thing that appeals to debit card holders is that they do not need to carry with them lots of cash but they still can buy things. The moment your balance hits £0, you just can’t make anymore payments. Debit cards are convenient and flexible. Plus, they are secure. One of the advantages of debit cards is that there are no hidden charges, they are accepted everywhere and they are quick to use. Another benefit is that fraud can be detected, so it is a relatively secure method of payment.
One thing that makes debit cards the better choice when it comes to paying at online casinos is that they do not have charges, making them the top choice of many players. What is more, customers use only the money they have in their accounts, which, again, reduces the risk of overspending, as we mentioned above. The most common debit cards available in the UK are Visa Electron, Maestro, Visa Debit and Mastercard Debit.
Making a Deposit at an Online Casino Using E-wallets
Despite the fact that a great deal of people own a debit card, there are still more than one million people who do not wish to have one or simply don’t have a bank account which they could link to a potential debit card. These individuals prefer to stick with other online casino payment options. One of them is using e-wallets.
If you are not familiar with this term, let us tell you what it is about. An e-wallet is a virtual account that you create on the Internet which you can fund with as much money as you want. In a way, it resembles a wallet where you can take money and add money whenever you wish; the only difference is that it is not a physical wallet. This method is very secure, as it helps you keep your financial data out of sight. You can pay at casinos safe in the knowledge that they will never be able to see your confidential information. The same goes for shopping online at any store. This has made e-wallets one of the most popular ways of making purchases and transferring money from one account into another.
One of the advantages of e-wallets is that you do not need to own a card, be it debit. Also, in most cases, there are no charges. Not to mention, some casinos give their customers incentives for paying with an e-wallet.
Here are the most popular e-wallets in the world and some of the best online casino payment options as well:
- PayPal: PayPal appears to be one of the most common e-wallets used all over the world. Its owner is eBay – one of the most popular online merchants across the globe. PayPal is one of the giants when it comes to e-commerce. More than 70 million accounts have been opened on the site since it was established. The transactions made at the merchant in 2012 reached £114 million and included 26 currencies, as well as 193 different countries.
- Ukash: We just couldn’t help but mention this e-wallet. It is one of the best online casino payment options if you don’t fancy the idea of revealing personal information on the Internet or you don’t have a debit card. You can use it to pay at online shops in a secure way. You can also play at online casinos. It has to be said, though, that the company was taken over by Skrill Group.
- Skrill: Another commonly-used e-wallet is Skrill. Originally, it was called Moneybookers. More than 156,000 businesses on the web accept Skrill, a number of online casinos involved. They also offer a prepaid Mastercard, which costs only €10 per year. For your convenience, yet all the Mastercard features are included.
- Paysafe: This is a prepaid card which you can use to make secure and safe money transactions online. You can find this card at thousands of outlets. The best part is, you don’t have to enter any personal details. You are only required to enter a PIN which consists of 16 digits. You can locate it at the back of your Paysafe card. This is how you can make a payment.
Whether you stick with your favourite e-wallet for online casino payment options, this is a matter of personal preferences. Keep in mind your card issuer might decide to apply charges when paying at an online casino even though the casino itself does not impose any charges.
What Measures Are Taken Against Fraud
We need to tell you that the casinos you see on our website have done everything in their power to prevent fraud on their sites. They use the most recent technology for fraud prevention and can be trusted. We believe that every website out there, aside from casinos, should embrace the same practices to ensure that their customers are safe.
What to Watch Out for When Playing for Real Money
Unfortunately, when it comes to online casino payment options, there are many scams whose purpose is to trick you into revealing your personal data so that they can steal them. Below, we will tell you what things you should watch out for when joining a real money casino.
Phishing. This term describes the attempt to steal someone’s personal data through passwords and usernames in an electronic communication (e-mail) by pretending to be a trustworthy individual or institution. The term is derived from the word ‘fishing’ in which someone uses bait to get to the victim. Today the number of UK residents who receive these kinds of e-mails continues to increase. The purpose of these e-mails is to get people to share their confidential information with the person on the other end of the message who will then use it to get access to their accounts. Needless to say, the end result could be detrimental.
We advise you never to open files attached to suspicious e-mails, especially if they come from an unknown source; never click on links provided in said e-mails or reply to them. Don’t trust e-mails that say your account at a given site is going to be closed unless you do some action like visit the site and verify your identity. If you receive such an e-mail, the best way to go is to get in touch with the customer support of the company to check if this e-mail is genuine or not, and decide what to do. Do not use the telephone provided in the e-mail to contact the company. Instead find the contact details on the legitimate website of the company.
Vishing. This is voice phishing, shortened to ‘vishing’. Again, it is an attempt to access someone’s personal details, but this time it is done by using social engineering by phone. In other words, it involves an individual (the cheat) who calls another individual (the victim) trying to manipulate them into disclosing their personal information for online casino payment options. Usually, the fraudster masquerades as an official representative of an institution, say a bank, in which the victim has an account, and informs the victim that there have been attempts to steal their money, etc. Sometimes the fraudsters go as far as pretending to be police officers. The purpose of the phone call is nothing but an effort to get financial and personal data from the victim, such as date of birth, physical address, full name, bank account details, debit card details, etc. Once they get these data, they can access the victim’s finances.
What you need to remember:
If you find a given phone call suspicious, just hang up and check if the call is genuine. Note that if the person calling is trustworthy, they will not mind you looking for more details regarding the call, whereas impostors will do their best to pressure you to do what they want and they will also try their hardest to persuade you that they are trustworthy.
Do not share your personal identification or financial information with other people.
In most cases, financial organisations will tell you what type of information it is safe to reveal for online casino payment methods, so if someone asks you to share more information than what is necessary, you should think twice before doing as they say. Note that no trustworthy individual or institution will ask you for your personal identification number (PIN).
Please note that it takes two to end a phone call. Sometimes you think that you have terminated a call, but it might be that the impostor is still on the other end of the line.
Be aware of any phone calls from unknown and unauthorised individuals.
Make Sure That You Verify Your Identity
It is a common procedure embraced by casinos to require their customers to verify their identity for the use of online casino payment options. In most cases, this is done when trying to withdraw money. It is necessary to go through an identity check for security reasons and even though most players find this step annoying, it is one of the best ways to protect against fraud.
There are many cases in which impostors have tried to deposit money into their accounts with the use of stolen debit cards or by entering their victim‘s financial and personal details which they got through vishing or phishing. After making a successful deposit, they make changes to the section about withdrawing money where they enter their own bank account. And then they just withdraw the money. This has lead to casinos restricting customers to only withdraw money using the same method they went for to make a deposit. This can be a little annoying too and it‘s very unpopular, however, it is a necessary measure.
There are casinos that enable you to verify your identity ahead of time. This means that you can skip the verification process during online casino payment methods and save time. An example of such a casino is 888. More often than not, the documents necessary for verification are the same no matter at which casino you are registering. They include scanned or photographed copies of the following things:
- Address: One of the things that you should send a copy of is a bill in which your physical address is shown clearly. It doesn’t matter which bill you are using – whether electricity, water or phone bill – as long as it provides proof of your address. Some operators want you to send a copy of a bill which is not older than 3-6 months. It should hold your address and full name.
- Debit card: You are required to send a copy of the debit card you used to fund your gaming account. Both the front and the back of the card must be clear, with all pictures being in a good state.
- ID: Last but not least, they are going to need a copy of your ID or a driving licence. Keep in mind that the photograph on it should be clear.
How to Make an Online Casino Deposit , Step by Step
Believe it or not, making an online casino deposit at an online casino is as easy as pie. The process might vary slightly from operator to operator, but the basic steps include the following:
- Create an account at the operator and log into it.
- Go to Cashier and select the desired online casino payment methods.
- Enter the amount of money.
Make sure to fill in all the information you are required and don’t forget to enter the 3-digit CVV code located on the back of your debit card (Mastercard or Visa). Then finalise the deal.
Charges and Fees for Transactions
Please, keep in mind that by fees and charges we mean fees and charges that are imposed by casinos when funding your gaming account. As for any charges incurred by your bank, make sure to check with said bank about that.
- Debit cards: In most cases, no charges are attached to making an online casino deposit if you use your debit card. The money is taken directly from your bank account, which means that no transaction fees are incurred.
- E-wallet: It varies from casino to casino. Some operators may incur a charge when you fund your account. For more information, please refer to the site of the particular operator.
- Currency conversion: Charges may incur if you are paying at one of the casinos featured on our site in a currency different than Pound Sterling. This will depend on the bank you are using. For more details, you should contact the card issuer. As for making money transactions in Pound Sterling, there are no fees, as long as you stick with one of the casinos mentioned on our site.
Online Casino Payment Methods with Special Bonuses
Did you know that some operators offer special bonuses depending on the method of payment you choose to use? For example, Winner Casino and Eurogrand give you promotions for paying with pre-paid cards and e-wallets. Eurogrand is the perfect choice when it comes to bonuses given when making an online casino deposit into your account. They provide customers with a bonus, no matter if you use Maestro, MasterCard, Visa, PayPal or any of the methods for money transactions they offer. Also, they have a variety of online casino payment methods, making it easy for players to fund their accounts.
How not to get into a Dispute
It is important to realise that every online casino has its own terms and conditions. When you are creating an account, you are agreeing to those. It goes without saying that you should familiarise yourself with the requirements attached to your account before you agree to them. It will just make your life easier. If you don’t do so, different disputes may arise with time. It is important to keep in mind that special offers and promotions might come with an extra pack of requirements, so it makes sense to read all these before diving into the ocean of casino games and Online Casino Payment Methods.
If you have read the terms and conditions of the particular casino you are interested in but there is still something you don’t like or you don’t understand, be sure to get in touch with their customer support to have all things cleared up. We guarantee that the operators we recommend are reputable and they will do their best to handle your issues. They also offer a variety of ways to get in touch with them, such as telephone number, live chat and e-mail. That means you can always get help in time. On our site we do have more information about the various ways in which you can reach a casino, so take advantage of it without hesitation.
If there is a dispute between you and the casino you are using and you are not satisfied with the way they treated you, you can get in touch with the regulatory body that has issued a licence to the operator. All sites that wish to operate in the UK must be licensed by the Gambling Commission, so they can handle any issues you have with your preferred casino.
Questions & Answers about the Best Casino Payment Options
Q: I have already created an account but I haven’t used it in months. If I should create a new account at the casino to link the new card to it?
A: It is not advisable to create multiple accounts at a casino site, even though you may be able to do so. The truth is, that will violate the terms and conditions. Will that affect you? It will. Imagine you win a jackpot and you get super excited about it, but then you are informed that you cannot obtain the winnings because you didn’t comply with the requirements. Remember that it is always better to stick with the rules of the casino you have opened an account at. It will pay off. Keep in mind that you can always sign up at different sites to multiply your joy and game options. This is practically legal and it will keep you from the desire to register more than once at one and the same website.
Q: Can I use my Maestro card to play games for real money at online casinos?
A: You can see that on our Reviews page. We provide plenty of information about online casino payment methods, processing time for withdrawals and online casino deposits, etc. We hope you find it helpful.
Q: You say that I should verify my identity. I don’t think I’m okay with sending my original documents. Is that what I should really do or is there another way?
A: You don’t need to send the original documents. All you have to do is follow the instructions of every casino. The instructions may vary slightly for every operator, that’s why there is no general answer to this question. But here is an example with 888 Casino:
- Choose images of you, which are clear and legible. Your face needs to be easy to see.
- Visit the website of 888 Casino and click on “Cashier”.
- Click on the “Verify ID”.
- Go to “Browse”, locate the images on your computer and select them.
- The last step is to click on the “Upload” button to transfer the files from your computer to your casino account.
If you have an account at a different casino, try to find information about verification of identification or simply get in touch with their customer support to learn more.
Q: Is identity verification mandatory upon opening an account or is it necessary only if I win?
A: In most cases, you don’t have to verify your identity on creating an account. Normally, operators require you to do so when there is some legal obligation that requires that such steps be taken. Yet, more often than not, you will be asked to verify your identity in these cases:
- When there is suspicious activity of online casino payment options on your account
- If you sign in from a country you have never done before
- If you lift your withdrawal limit
- If you lift your online casino deposit limit
- If you request a withdrawal
- When you make a deposit
Q: I already have an account at that casino site but I can’t seem to remember my password and/or username. What do I do?
A: Just go back to the main page and click on “Forgotten password”, which is usually located at the Sign-in section, under the username and password fields. Just follow the instructions. If that doesn’t do the trick, remember that you can always call customer support and have the issue solved. Most sites offer live chat, so it should be easy to get back access to your account in a short period.
Online Payment Methods
- What Payment Options do Online Shoppers Prefer? (Bizrate Insights Research Results)
- Making the Payment Process Easy for Online Customers (Analytics, Marketing & Testinghorse)